Note: this list has not been updated since 2002.
The following documents and programs are available for downloading or
viewing via WWW.
Be sure not to miss my most important publication: the
book, Hans and I wrote!
- Eudora to Unix
- Two scripts with which you can convert your Eudora mailboxes to Unix,
suitable for, e.g., KMail (but also others).
install howto on SuSE Linux 6.3 and 6.4
- This is a detailed step-by-step description of the procedure I used to
install Zope 2.1.7 under SuSE Linux 6.3 and 6.4. Included are:
- Setup with existing web server (ic. Apache) in /opt/zope
- Apache rewrite rules for any static content and virtual hosts
- Start/Kill rc script according to SuSE Linux standards
- This is a Borland C++ Win95/98/NT application I wrote at
With this program you can order document copies from journals and
books, available at NIWI's library. The documentcopy order is sent
via e-mail, using the Internet SMTP protocol, to a special address
at NIWI where it is automatically processed. After order processing,
the documentcopy itself is sent via regular mail, fax or (planned
for the future) e-mail as PDF or Tiff file. It is available in
- This Perl script is used to make the
framework of compound documents, such as the
ICP handbook I wrote for the
(per September 1, 1997:
Institute of Applied Geoscience TNO -
National Geological Survey).
Both are also available in Dutch:
It is based on computer-human interface studies (see the references
in the source code).
to HTML script.
- This shell script converts an ascii file, possibly of DOS
origin, to an HTML file, taking into account special characters, such
as "&" and ">".
PGP 2.6.3i on Unix
- Notes on how to install PGP on a Sun under SunOS.
There is also a
of this document on
PGP Home Page.
Netscape 216 color palette and
Netscape 216 color palette.
- Download note for most graphical browsers: use shift-click.
These palettes should be used to ensure platform independent color
presentation and less risk of dithering. The first file can be used with
Adobe Photoshop (save as ACT file),
the second with LView (save as PAL
file). You may want to know more about
216 color palette.
ToDo: put more handy scripts and files here.
There's no page like home page.
Page last modified on
by Eric Maryniak